DEPARTMENT OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
Welcome to the Department of Distance Education, Kyambogo University. This is the Department that is mandated to coordinate all Distance Education programmes in the University. The Distance Education mode of delivery was adapted by the University because of the following reasons:
• To access education to those who could not join the institution on a fulltime basis;
• To train more teachers teaching in primary schools;
• To create an avenue for primary school teachers to upgrade in the line of primary education; and
• To improve teaching and learning in Primary Schools.
Programmes offered in the Department
There are currently two programmes offered and they include:
a) Diploma in Education Primary External. (DEPE)
b) Diploma in Special Needs Education External. (DSNEE)
Linkages with other Institutions
The Department has linkages with the following institutions:
1) Kenya Institute of Special Education - www.kise.ac.ke
2) Patandi Teachers’ College, Arusha, Tanzania.
3) Open University, U.K. – www.tessaprogramme.org
The Department is soon upgrading to an Institute of Distance Education and it is hoped that more programmes will be developed and run through the Distance Education mode.
Staff of the Department
Full - time
1) Mr. Daniel Okot – Head of Department/Coordinator DSNEE programme.
2) Mr. Andrew Meya – Coordinator Materials development.
3) Mr. Paul Semakula – Coordinator Examinations
4). Mr. Aron Otto – Coordinator DEPE Programme
5) Ms. Evelyn Nyamahunge – Administrative Assistant
6) Mrs. Rosemary Ekol – Administrative Assistant
7) Ms. Lilian Mary Ziraba – Typesetter (Modules)
1) Ms. Ruth Nakazibwe
2) Ms. Betty Nanyende
We have 25 guests and no members online